Sodick Co., Ltd. (hereinafter called the company) considers it its important responsibility to respect customers' privacy and protect their personal information carefully. In operating its official Web site www.sodick.com (hereinafter called this site), the company observes laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information and handles personal information according to the policy described below:
Personal information refers to such information that can be used to identify individuals, including names, addresses, mail addresses, access logs, other descriptions, numbers and/or marks assigned to individuals, other symbols, and images (hereinafter called the personal information).
The personal information provided by customers will be used by the company only for responding to or dealing with customer inquiries and requests and for such other purposes that are expressly specified by the company at the time the personal information is provided. The company will not use the personal information for any other purposes than these legitimate ones without prior consent of customers.
Through this site, the company may acquire the personal information by means such as inquiry forms to be filled out by customers in order to enable it to identify individual customers.
As a rule, the personal information is provided by customers at their own will. The company specifies clearly to customers in advance its purpose of acquiring the personal information. The information is acquired by lawful and fair means only to the extent not exceeding the limits necessary for achieving its intended use specified to customers.
Customers not wishing to provide their personal information can refuse to do so at their own will. In this case, however, they may not be able to use some of the services provided on this site.
The personal information acquired from customers is administered by the chief administrator of this site, who takes appropriate measures to protect the personal information from leakage, unauthorized use, alteration, loss, or damage.
In addition, the company tries to ensure security of the personal information when it is provided by customers through this site by using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or equivalent means to protect it from illegal access by third parties.
The personal information provided by customers will not be disclosed or provided to any third party except in the following cases:
In accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, requests from customers seeking disclosure, correction, or deletion, etc., of personal information held by the company will be processed after their identity as information owner or authorized representative has been verified within reasonable time and scope in an appropriate manner based on predetermined procedures.
Customer inquiries or requests concerning personal information can be made through our Contact Us page provided on this website. Customers are reminded that inquiries might not be processed in the following cases.
While these cookies identify browsers used by customers, they do not identify their personal information, but only grasp the circumstances of the site being viewed.
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: November 9, 2020
This Notice does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, owners, directors, officers, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals (“Employees”). Employees may obtain a separate privacy notice applicable to them by contacting our Human Resources department.
Where noted in this Notice, the CCPA temporarily exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication ("B2B personal information") from some of its requirements.
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records.
• Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
• Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
• health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
• personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
• Directly from our clients or vendors or their agents. For example, from documents or files or contact information that our clients or vendors provide to us.
• Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
• To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
• To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
• To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
• To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
• To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
• To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
• For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
• As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
• To otherwise facilitate communication with our customers.
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
• Service providers.
• Data aggregators.
• Sodick, Inc.’s parent company and affiliates.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Sodick, Inc. has not sold personal information.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you.
• The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
• If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
• sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
• disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not provide these access and data portability rights for B2B personal information.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
6. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
7. Comply with a legal obligation.
8. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not provide these deletion rights for B2B personal information.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
• Calling us at: 888-639-2325
• Emailing us at: WeCare@sodick.com
• Visiting: www.sodick.com
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
• Your name, address, and any other identifying information we may require for verification purposes.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
• If the request is being made by someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, the authorized representative must provide written permission from you to make the request on your behalf and sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify the authorized representative’s identity.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the consumer who is at least 13 but not yet 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link: https://www.sodick.com/contact-us
(Please specify “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” in the subject line in your request.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by:
Contacting us at: WeCare@sodick.com
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
• Deny you goods or services.
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website, products or services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Attn: CCPA Privacy Inquiries
601 Commerce Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173-5330
The contents of this policy are subject to revision as required by change in the company's services and/or progress of on-line technology. Please look at the policy periodically to confirm its latest version.